The weather is getting nicer, the temperatures are getting warmer, and the sun is shining longer and longer every day. This is the perfect time of the year to start working on your spring garden. You can create an amazing spring garden right outside your home quite quickly with these following tips.
Create an Amazing Spring Garden
- The first thing that you will need to do in order to create an amazing spring garden is make sure that you have the proper tools and plants. If your tools are falling apart or you do not have the tools that will work best, then you will want to make a purchase or two. It is too early to plant many flowers outside, but if you are planning on growing vegetables or flowers from seeds, you will want to purchase the seeds now.
- If you are starting any plants from seeds, then now is the time to plant them and get them started inside your home. Check out 7 Easy Steps to Make Eggshell Seed Starters for inspiration. It will take a few weeks for them to begin to grow and be strong enough to be replanted outside in your garden beds.
- Once all of those items have been completed, you will want to go outside and remove any debris and old mulch from your garden beds. Any damaged pathways or fences should be repaired now, before the major work begins.
- You will need to remove any dead and damaged branches from woody plants and trim any summer-blooming shrubs now, but hold off trimming and pruning spring-blooming plants until they begin to bloom.
- The pH balance of your soil can change over time and you will want to perform tests from different areas to see if you need to enrich the soil.
- If you do not have a compost pile yet, then now is the time to get one started. Compost piles are one of the best ways to have rich fertilizer to add to your garden at any time.
- Everyone wants to see birds, butterflies, and hummingbirds in their gardens, but that means that you need to have bird feeders and bird baths readily available for them. Keep the feeders and baths clean, so that birds will continue to visit. To attract butterflies, you will want to plant native flowering plants that they love.
More gardening tips and ideas:
Your amazing spring garden will be ready sooner than you think and you will be able to sit nearby and watch the birds, butterflies, and hummingbirds as they enjoy your flowers.