Who could resist these Despicable Me Minion Donuts? This funny fellas have truly taken the world by storm! With the new Despicable Me 3 in theaters on June 30th, you might just see even more Minions going around. Haha. The Minion Donuts are perfect for any occasion, including birthday parties, graduations, and even for your next BBQ. Give it a try, your guests will keep asking for more!
Despicable Me Minion Donuts
– 1 box of cake mix (we used Krispy Kreme Cake Mix)
– 2 Eggs
– 2/3 Cup of Water
– 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
– Yellow Wilton Candy Melts
– Blue Wilton Candy Melts
– Wilton Candy Eyes
– Black Icing Gel
– Wilton Donut Pan
– Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box.
– Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
– Pour donut mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the donut mix into te donut pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
– Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
– Let cool for 5 minutes.
– Melt yellow candy melts in microwave or with this Wilton Melting Pot
– Dip the top of each donut into the yellow candy melts. Let harden for 5 minutes.
– Melt blue candy melts in microwave or with this Wilton Melting Pot
– Dip the bottom half of the donuts into the blue candy melts for the Minions outfit. Let harden for 5 minutes.
– Place candy eyes on the donut and use black icing gel to surround the eye to create goggles. Then use the black icing gel to create hair and a smile!
– Enjoy! Despicable Me is in theaters June 30th!
Do you have a Minion recipe that you would like to share with us? Please, let us know in the comment section below!