With the weather getting warmer and the unofficial kick start to summer – May long weekend behind us, it is time to get ready for camping. Die-hard campers have probably already broken out the tent or trailer and settled into their favourite campsite. Yes, it is camping season!
My family and I are gathering our camping gear and we will be heading soon to one of our favourite Canadian parks – Algonquin Park in Ontario. We love seeing and learning about the wildlife in and around the park. There is nothing like hearing the Loons smoothly touchdown onto the lakes or hearing the wolves howl in the distance to make you feel one with nature. This is nature at it’s best!
Tents, check. Camping stove, plates, utensils, and BBQ tooks, check. Bug spray and Bear spray, check. Marshmallows, Hershey bars, and Graham crackers, definitely check. In my opinion, when it comes to camping, nothing is more fun than cooking Smores over a campfire. One of the many ways to add more chocolate and toasted marshmallows into your life is by trying all the Smores recipes out there. I tried countless of times to create my own version of Smores to spice things up. This is by far my favourite recipe – The Ultimate Campfire Smores Dip. Ta-dah! (crickets crickets)
The Ultimate Campfire Smores Dip
Ingredients that you will need
- 1 pkg. Mini Marshmallows
- 2-3 Hershey Bars
- 1 box Honey Graham Sticks
- Cast Iron Skillet, 6-8”
- Put a layer of marshmallows into the skillet.
- Break the candy bars into pieces and spread around on the marshmallows.
- Sprinkle more marshmallows over the chocolate leaving some of the chocolate showing.
- Place on a grate over a campfire and let cook until the marshmallows become melted.
- Remove from the campfire and serve with the graham sticks.
- Fun and delicious campfire dip!
Smores day is coming up in August, there is no better way to celebrate than enjoying The Ultimate Campfire Smores Dip. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
More fun recipes: