Ready to make these fun shark suckers? Ready for Shark Week? Wait! What is Shark Week exactly? Shark Week is an annual, week-long shark-based programming block on Discovery Channel. This year marks the 29th annual Shark Week! Even though the word ‘week’ is in the title, it is actually runs for eight days, until 30 July, 2017. On tonight’s show, Chris Noth from Sex and the City will join the action as he narrates Sharks and The City: New York. It should be a great show!
Make These Fun Shark Suckers
To help you get into the Shark Week mood, we created these fun Shark Suckers for your whole family to enjoy.
Shark Suckers Recipe
Ingredients you will need
- 18 Jolly Ranchers, blue
- Airheads Candy, blue, red, orange, and green
- 6 Gummy Sharks
- 6 Sucker Sticks
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees.
- Unwrap the Airhead candy and cut them in thin pieces, about 2 inches long to resemble sea weed.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, place 3 unwrapped Jolly Rancher candies above each other making sure they touch. Repeat this with all the candies and make sure to leave space to add the sucker stick.
- Place the Jolly Rancher candies in your oven for about 4 to 5minutes. Keep a close eye on them because you must take them out just after they melt together.
- Remove them from the oven and immediately place a sucker stick on each one.
- Let them set up for several minutes until they cool down and aren’t hot but still tacky. Add 3 to 4 pieces of the sea weed and a shark on each one of them.
- Let them finish cooling.
- Enjoy your shark suckers!
Make These Fun Shark Suckers today for all your shark fascinated kids, big or small. Who is ready for Shark Week?
You might also like these recipes: