Spread holiday cheer with these Peanut Snowman Christmas Ornaments. They are simple to make and your whole family will enjoy painting them. Our Peanut Snowman Christmas Ornaments can be used as tree ornaments, gift toppers, or you can even just display them in a bowl.
I really want to thank whoever thought of using peanuts to make Christmas ornements. It is such a great idea! The possibilities are endless! Try to make some this week, you will see, they are really fun to make with the kids.
Peanut Snowman Christmas Ornaments
- Peanuts, raw in the shell
- Felt, assorted colors
- Craft Paint, black, white, and assorted colors
- Tiny Googly Eyes
- Tiny Poms, assorted colors
- White Embroidery Thread
- White Glitter
- Hot Glue Gun
- Paint the peanuts white.
- Sprinkle them with glitter, and let them dry.
- Cut strips of felt about ¼ inch by 3 inches long.
- For some of the white peanuts, paint a colored hat on one end. For other peanuts, paint a black stripe across the top of one end. Let these dry.
- On the peanuts with colored hats, glue a pom on the top. For the peanuts with the black stripe, glue a pom on each side of the nut so it looks like earmuffs.
- Now glue two eyes on each peanut. Paint a dot of orange for the nose.
- Wrap a piece of the felt around each peanut so each end overlaps in the front to look like a scarf. Use the glue gun to attach the scarf on each one.
- Take a piece of white thread, fold it in half, and glue the two ends to the back of each peanut for a hanger. Let dry.
- Cute and fun Christmas craft!
Are you also making Christmas ornements at home? Tell us about it in the comments below!
You might also like: